Did you get our flyer? Are you here to learn more about Collaborative Conferencing? Head on over to our dedicated page about PECCA
Teachers in Sullivan County received a 2% raise this year! Please make sure that your September paycheck is for the correct amount. You can also download a PDF version of the 2018 Salary Schedule.
This workshop is designed to provide an overview of the policies, laws and state department guidance that governs Tennessee evaluation and licensure requirements. Participants will review the process, minimum requirements, and timelines for all licensure levels. You will have an opportunity to evaluate potential grievances as defined by the evaluation process and increase awareness regarding their rights and responsibilities. Each participant will receive governing documents, an evaluation tracking form, professionalism evidence tracking form and procedural information to maintain their TNCompass account. The session includes information pertaining to all approved state evaluation models and recent updates to teacher licensing standards.
Open to ALL teachers, all grade levels
Participants will receive 3 hours of professional development points.
September 5, 2017
4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Sullivan Central High School
131 Shipley Ferry Road
Blountville, TN 37617
Food Provided! Please RSVP at:
For more information contact
president at sceateachers dot org
CONSENT AGENDA: Approved 7-0 = school trips
PUBLIC COMMENT: None
COMMUNICATIONS TO THE BOARD:
- Ms. Rafalowski recognized the following students:
- Holston Middle School girl’s basketball team.
- Mary Hughes Middle School boy’s basketball team – both teams won the Eastern State title.
- TNReady tests will be given March 14th through the 18th.
- A Board strategic planning session will be held at 4:00 PM on March 29th.
- Policy 4.605 Graduation Requirements was adopted on 3rd reading
- Live streaming of the Board meetings was tabled until the April meeting.
- Prices of school lunches will go up in 2016-17.
- Elementary lunches will be $2.30, middle school $2.55, high school $2.80, employee $3.50, visitor $4.25 and reduced lunch will remain at $0.40
- Intro to Mobile App Development was re-approved as a special course.
- The general purpose budget was amended.
- Eleven firms submitted applications to be considered to be the architects for the new high school and new middle school. The list was narrowed to four:
- Cain, Rash, West of Kingsport/LS3P of North Carolina
- Community Techtonics of Knoxville
- Cope Architecture of Knoxville and
- The Lewis Group of Knoxville
Interviews to select the final firm for the designs will be conducted on March 14th from 4:00 – 5:30 PM and again on March 24th starting at 2:00 PM. The interviews are open to the public.
NEXT SCHOOL BOARD MEETING: Monday, April 4th @ 6:30 PM
*** Notes: PECCA meeting to go over ground rules will be held at 4:00 PM on March 10th.
The Sullivan County Retired Teachers Association is hosting a Retirement Seminar on Tuesday March 15th, 2016 from 5:00pm to 6:30pm in the Little Theater at Sullivan Central High School. Refreshments will be provided!
Presenters include Karen Haynie from the Sullivan County Department of Education and Duran Williams from TRTA.
Anyone considering retiring in the next 2 to 3 years is encouraged to attend!