CONSENT AGENDA: Approved 7-0 = school trips
PUBLIC COMMENT: None
COMMUNICATIONS TO THE BOARD:
- Ms. Rafalowski recognized the following students:
- Holston Middle School girl’s basketball team.
- Mary Hughes Middle School boy’s basketball team – both teams won the Eastern State title.
- TNReady tests will be given March 14th through the 18th.
- A Board strategic planning session will be held at 4:00 PM on March 29th.
- Policy 4.605 Graduation Requirements was adopted on 3rd reading
- Live streaming of the Board meetings was tabled until the April meeting.
- Prices of school lunches will go up in 2016-17.
- Elementary lunches will be $2.30, middle school $2.55, high school $2.80, employee $3.50, visitor $4.25 and reduced lunch will remain at $0.40
- Intro to Mobile App Development was re-approved as a special course.
- The general purpose budget was amended.
- Eleven firms submitted applications to be considered to be the architects for the new high school and new middle school. The list was narrowed to four:
- Cain, Rash, West of Kingsport/LS3P of North Carolina
- Community Techtonics of Knoxville
- Cope Architecture of Knoxville and
- The Lewis Group of Knoxville
Interviews to select the final firm for the designs will be conducted on March 14th from 4:00 – 5:30 PM and again on March 24th starting at 2:00 PM. The interviews are open to the public.
NEXT SCHOOL BOARD MEETING: Monday, April 4th @ 6:30 PM
*** Notes: PECCA meeting to go over ground rules will be held at 4:00 PM on March 10th.